Hired in 2001, Dr. Gary Kritz is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Fellow of The Institute for International Business, where he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in principles of marketing, advertising management,and consumer behavior. Dr. Kritz’s research interests center on information processing from product trial and advertising in traditional media and the world wide web; personality variables and their application to product trial and promotion; differences between generational co-horts, marketing and management curricula issues and practices in consumer behavior, promotions, and human resources. His research, which is predominantly contributions to practice in nature, has appeared in such outlets as the Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Marketing Education Review, Journal of College Teaching and Learning, Journal of International Business Research, and the Coastal Business Journal. He has also published a chapter in the book, People Management: Perspectives and Practices. Dr. Kritz has also presented his research at numerous national and international conferences and symposia in the United States and abroad. Dr. Kritz has won several national teaching awards including the Marketing Management Association's 2012 Hormel Meritorious Teaching Award and the 2008 Academy of Marketing Science's Outstanding Marketing Teacher Award. He was also a finalist for the 2009 Society for Marketing Advances' Sherwin Williams Distinguished Marketing Teaching Award.
- Ph.D., Indiana University
- Masters in Business, Indiana University
- M.B.A., San Jose State University
- B.A., Temple University
- Pirog, Stephen F. III, Gary H. Kritz, and Joseph Z. Wisenblit (2019), “An In-Class Assignment on Multidimensional Scaling: Creating Perceptual Maps of Current Movies,” Business Education Innovation Journal, Volume 11 Number 1, pp. 7-13.
- Lozada, Héctor R. and Gary H. Kritz (2019), “Net Neutrality Repeal and Its Effect on Consumers,” International Journal of Business and Social Science, Volume 10 Number 1, pp. 1-5.
- Kritz, Gary H. and Hector R. Lozada (2017), “Will U.S. Consumers Pay a Price If Net Neutrality Is Rescinded: How Do Consumers Feel about the Bundling of Services?” International Journal of Social Science and Business, Volume 2 Number 5, pp. 12-18.
- Kritz, Gary H., Lozada, Héctor R., and Mary M. Long, (2007) “Making Progress: The Use of Multiple Progress Reports to Enhance Advertising Students’ Media Plan Term Projects,” Journal of College Teaching and Learning, Volume 4, 1(January), pp. 95-102.
- Kritz, Gary H. and Paul M. Arsenault (2006), “Teaching Cohort Analysis: An Important Marketing Tool,” Marketing Education Review, Volume 16, 2 (Summer), pp 37-43.